Contributors should follow the below guidance to submit any manuscript to FUNAI Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences (FJHSS):
Important Notice:The cover letter and manuscript should be sent by email to the Journal via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Originality – Papers must be original and must not have been published or be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Review Process – Each paper is reviewed by the editor and, if it is judged suitable for this journal, it is sent to two independent referees for bind peer review. Based on their recommendation, as well as consultation between relevant Editorial Board members the Editor then decides whether the paper should be accepted as it is, revised or rejected.
- Quality of Papers – Papers must advance knowledge, and make a strong theoretical and /or empirical contribution to the humanities and social sciences literature.
- Style of English – Authors should use clear English comprehensible to readers outside of their area of specialism.
- Attribution – All quotations from published work, including any author’s own previous work, must be acknowledged and fully cited.
- Sources of Funding – Authors must declare all sources of external research funding in their articles and a statement to this effect should appear in the Acknowledgements Section. Authors should describe the role of the founder or financial sponsor in the entire research process, from study design to submission.
- Manuscript should be anonymous – The journal uses a double blind review process whereby the reviewer is not aware of the identity of the author(s) and the author(s) is not aware of the identity of the reviewers. Authors are expected to prepare a cover letter which will accompany the manuscript being submitted for review. The cover letter and manuscript should be sent by email to the Journal via this email address: manuscripts (at) fjhss.org.
The cover letter should include:
- Full name of each author
- Affiliation of each author at time research was completed. Where more than one author has contributed to the article, details of who should be contacted for correspondence. E-mail address of the corresponding author.
- Attest that your manuscript has not been published by a journal nor is in press or under review at another journal or as a book or book chapter.
- If your paper uses the same data set as another paper, describe the similarities and key differences between the submitted manuscript and the other paper in your covering letter (and submit the other paper as a supplemental file).
- File Type – Only electronic files conforming to the journal’s guidelines will be accepted. Preferred format for the text and tables of your manuscripts is electronic format (MS Word).
- Page formatting – Use Times New Roman 12 point font. Please ensure that the abstract, text, endnotes, references, etc., are all double spaced.
- Length – Manuscripts should not exceed 8,000 words, including abstract, text, tables, figures, endnotes, references, appendices, and all other inclusions.
- Title, Abstract and keywordsSpelling and Terminology – Articles should contain an abstract of between 100-200 words summarising the aims and main contribution of the paper. Content might include the research topic and questions, participants, methods, data sources(s) and analysis, results, conclusions, practical implications and suggested future research.
- Spelling – British or US spelling is acceptable, but please be consistent throughout your manuscript. Please define any specialist terms and spell out acronyms in full at first mention.
- Artwork, figures and other Graphics – Diagrams and tables reproduced from already published work require permission from the original publisher (or copyright holder). Authors are responsible for obtaining permission from copyright holders prior to submission. It should be stated in the relevant legend that permission for reproduction has been granted, giving the reference and name of the copyright holder who has given the permission.
- Indicating the Position of Tables and Figures – Please include tables and figures after the references (or upload as separate files) and indicate the position of figures and tables in the text as follows:
INSERT TABLE 1 HERE
- Use Endnotes rather than footnotes – Essential notes should be indicated by superscript numbers in the text and collated at the end of the text before the references.
- Text Citations And Reference List – All references cited in the text should be listed alphabetically and in full, after the text and any notes, using MLA/APA/Harvard style consistently.
- Copyright – Articles submitted to the journal should not have been published before in their current or substantially similar form, or be under consideration for publication with another journal. Authors submitting articles for publication warrant that the work is not an infringement of any existing copyright and will indemnify the publisher against any breach of such warranty. For ease of dissemination and to ensure proper policing of use, papers and contributions become the legal copyright of the publisher unless otherwise agreed.